National Paper Bag Day- July 12th
National Paper Bag Day is celebrated on July 12th! Crafting is always fun when you use simple, everyday supplies! Reuse paper bags from the grocery store or buy your own for your next DIY project! Kwik Stix, Magic Stix, and Wonder Stix work great on paper bags!
Explore a mess free paint option with Kwik Stix! Kwik Stix come in a variety of different colors including; classic, jewel, neon, earth tones, skin tones, pastel, and metalix! Plus, they dry in 90 seconds!
Magic Stix are vibrant triangular markers! Their shape helps to promote grip and won't roll off desks or tables!
Wonder Stix write on almost everything but are most importantly permanent on paper! Wipe away on glass, chalkboards, and whiteboards!
Check out some craft inspo for your next DIY paper bag project!
Materials Needed: Kwik Stix, paper gift bag with handle, glitter or gems (optional)
- Lay out paper bags onto a table
- Decorate with Kwik Stix
- Sprinkle with glitter or add any gems you'd like
- Keep for a future use or use as a gift bag!
Check out this craft on Instagram @just_imagine_ct
Materials Needed: Pastel Kwik Stix, brown paper bag, scissors, popsicle sticks, and tape
- Paint lines onto paper bag
- Cut paper bag in half
- Cut along each line
- Weave each strip into basket formation
- Fold over the top layer
- Draw tulip flowers onto a different bag and cut out
- Tape each flower on a popsicle stick
- Place each one into your basket
Check out this craft @aplaywego
Materials Needed: Kwik Stix and brown paper bags
- Hand out brown paper bags to each student
- Distribute Kwik Stix
- Decorate your brown paper bag
- Add bright colors and designs
Check out this craft on Instagram @2ndgradesassypants
Materials Needed: brown paper bag, tissue paper, Kwik Stix, glue, and pipe cleaners
- Paint the brown paper bag with Kwik Stix
- Add stripes to resemble a bumble bee
- Crumple tissue paper and glue to the bag of your paper bag
- Paint on a face
- Add pipe cleaners for antennas
Check out this craft on Instagram @ecotoyplay
Materials Needed: Kwik Stix, brown paper bags, and Magic Stix
- Flip your brown paper bags upside down
- Cut the top corners of your brown bag to form a point
- Decorate as a gingerbread house
- Use Kwik Stix and Magic Stix to add color and designs
Check out this craft on Instagram @mrsgreenartartbaby
Materials Needed: brown paper bags, Kwik Stix, construction paper, glue, and decorative scissors
- Paint your brown bag with Kwik Stix
- Use a variety of colors
- Cut out two big white circles and two small black circles
- Glue onto the bag to resemble eyes
- Cut the bottom of the brown bag with decorate scissors
Check out this craft on Instagram @academic.adventures.preschool