Summer Crafts for Kids
Kwik Stix are tempera paint sticks that are mess free! They dry in just 90 seconds and do not require paint brushes or a water cup! Kwik Stix come in classic colors, pastels, metalix, neons, earth tones, and global skin tones!
Magic Stix are vibrant colored, triangular markers that promote grip. Magic Stix are guaranteed to last 7 days without the cap! They will also not roll off the table or desk!
Wonder Stix are washable, odorless, dust free and cap free! They work on wood, cardboard, whiteboards, paper, glass, windows and more.
Let's kick off summer with some craft inspo!
Materials Needed: paper plates, plastic forks, napkins, Kwik Stix, white paper, and scissors
- Cut your paper plate in half
- Decorate the paper plate to resemble a watermelon with Kwik Stix
- Paint your piece of white paper into a fun pattern to look like a place mat
- Pair your watermelon craft with a napkin and plastic fork
- Enjoy some real watermelon in the hot sun! :)
Check out this craft on Instagram @amymcreynolds
Materials Needed: Kwik Stix and rocks
- Spend some time outdoors in the nice weather
- Walk around your yard or the beach and collect rocks
- Paint each rock with Kwik Stix Paint Sticks
Check out this craft on Instagram @mrsgreaux
Materials Needed: Large cardboard box, Kwik Stix, Scissors, Large Sharpie, and string
- Draw a mermaid tail outline with your large sharpie onto the cardboard
- Try to make the end of the tail onto the folded portion of cardboard for easy walking
- Cut along the outline
- Decorate and paint your mermaid tails with Kwik Stix
- After paint is dry, draw the scales onto each tail
- Poke two holes at the top of the tail and attach the string
- Be sure to make the string long enough to appear at your waistline
- Hang over your body and embrace your MERMAID!
Check out this craft on Instagram @wildflowers_and_mama
Materials Needed: round rocks and Kwik Stix
- Search around outdoors for round rocks
- Paint each rock red with Kwik Stix
- Add on each lady bug's detail and spots with black Kwik Stix
- Display your ladybug rocks in your room, outdoors, or on your desk for a pop of color!
Check out this craft on Instagram @momtoolbox
Materials Needed: empty toilet paper holder, paper, glue, scissors, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, and Kwik Stix
- Draw an outline of butterfly wings onto a white piece of paper
- Paint and decorate the butterfly wings with Kwik Stix
- Cut out along the outline
- Glue wings onto the empty toilet paper roll
- Glue on pipe cleaners and googly eyes onto the toilet paper roll
- Draw a smile
- Hang up and display for a fun summer decoration!
Check out this craft on Instagram @rachteaching
Materials Needed: white paper, scissors, glue, Kwik Stix, pipe cleaners, pom poms, and googly eyes
- Start by cutting out 6 circles from your white paper
- Paint each circle with Kwik Stix, making each one a different color or design
- Glue each circle together, overlapping each one slightly
- Glue on your googly eyes and pipe cleaners to the first circle
- Glue a small pom pom onto each pipe cleaner
- Place your colorful caterpillar into the grass!
Check out this craft on Instagram @keepme_busy
- Color each coffee filter with Magic Stix Markers
- Spray each one with water to allow colors to mix and create a tie dye effect
- While you are letting each coffee filter dry, draw each butterfly face onto the clothespins with Wonder Stix
- Glue on two small googly eyes to each one
- Pinch together the coffee filter in the middle and clasp the clothespin to hold it together
- Display your coffee filter butterflies for summer decor!
Check out this craft on Instagram @raising.little.dinosaurs
Materials Needed: large paper or cardboard, Kwik Stix, and Sharpie Marker
- Draw outlines of insects onto your large piece of paper
- Add some color by painting each insect with Kwik Stix
- Use bright colors to make each one stand out
- Display for some colorful summer decor!
Check out this craft on Instagram @ashcanworks
Materials Needed: cardboard, popsicle sticks, wooden paint mixing sticks, Kwik Stix, scissors, glue, and googly eyes
- Cut out the shape of a fishes head from the cardboard
- Cut out the shape of fishes tail cardboard
- Paint each piece with Kwik Stix
- Paint the paint mixing stick the same color
- Glue the fishes head and fishes tail to the paint mixing stick once the paint is dry
- Line up seven popsicle sticks and paint each one in different colors and patterns
- Glue each one on leaving a space in between
- Glue on one googly eye
- Hang up indoors or outdoors for display in the summer!
Check out this craft on Instagram @paint_and_pages
Materials Needed: black construction paper, Wonder Stix, colored construction paper, glue, and scissors
- Cut out a large triangle with light colored construction paper
- Cut out ice cream scoop shapes and color with a variation of colors
- Glue to form an ice cream cone onto the black construction paper
- Decorate the background using Wonder Stix
- Display and enjoy a delicious Ice Cream Cone!
Check out this craft on Instagram @2art.chambers