World Oceans Day 6/8
Materials Needed: paper, Kwik Stix, shell, glue, scissors, and sail boat cut out
- Cut strips of paper with rounded edges
- Paint some pieces in blue and some in brown and yellow
- Fold your cardboard box in half
- Glue each paper strip onto the cardboard
- Glue seashells onto the sand side
- Paint your sail boat cut out with Kwik Stix and glue onto the water
Check out this craft on Instagram @bubba.and.mama
Materials Needed: wooden dolphin, Kwik Stix, tissue paper, glue, and scissors
- Paint your wooden dolphin with Kwik Stix
- Cut up your tissue paper into small square pieces
- Glue onto the dolphin
- Display for World Oceans Day!
Check out this craft on Instagram @playingcreatingeducating
Materials Needed: soup container, hot glue gun, scissor, pipe cleaners, Kwik Stix, and paper
- Cut the shape of a sharks head out of your piece of paper
- Cut a hole in the lid of the soup container
- Paint the sharks head with Kwik Stix
- Cut out the teeth forming a hole in the sharks mouth
- Using your hot glue gun, glue the sharks mouth to the top of soup container lid
- Make sure you line both openings up so you can insert fish into the sharks mouth
- Cut your pipe cleaners into quarter pieces
- Twist both ends of pipe cleaners together to make little fish
- Feed the little fish to the shark and have fun!
Check out this craft on Instagram @littleslearnandplay
Materials Needed: paper, glue, scissors, Kwik Stix, cheerios, and a black marker
- Begin by painting Kwik Stix onto your hand, don't worry they are mess free and washable!
- After the palm of your hand is covered in paint, stamp it on a piece of paper
- Follow this step for your other hand
- When you stamp your other hand onto paper be sure to make each end of your palms touching
- Wash your hand with soap and water
- Let dry for JUST 90 seconds!
- Once the paint is dry, cut around the hand marks and draw a face onto your crab!
- To make the starfish, trace a starfish shape on your paper
- Cut out, following your line
- Glue on Cheerios or your favorite cereal for more definition!
Check out this craft on Instagram @messyhands_lessonplans
Materials Needed: sensory tray, sand, blue rice, shells, blue marbles, cardboard or construction paper, empty toilet paper holder, glue, and Kwik Stix
- Begin by painting your empty toilet paper holder with Kwik Stix
- Cut six strips of cardboard or construction paper for each crab
- Paint each strip with Kwik Stix and then fold like an accordion
- Cut two thin strips for the arms and two mini strips for the eyes
- Paint with Kwik Stix and glue onto the toilet paper roll
- Add eyes
- Glue on all pieces to the toilet paper roll to form your little crab
- Pour blue rice and sand into a sensory tray
- Add shells and marbles along with your crab
- Have fun!
Check out this craft on Instagram @keepme_busy