DIY Holiday Decor!
Time to get festive! With the holidays right around the corner, decorating is a must! These DIY holiday decorations are perfect to get in the holiday spirit and also craft with your children! Holiday DIY art projects can be used for table decor, festive garland, and more!
Turkey's on the Table
Materials Needed: Kwik Stix, construction paper, glue, scissors, and doilies
- Paint your doily with a variety of Kwik Stix colors
- Cut one big circle and one small circle out of your construction paper
- Cut out eyes, beak, and feet
- Glue two circles together
- Glue on eyes, feet, and beak
- Glue your turkeys body onto doily
- Place onto your table the day of your feast to add some decoration!
Check out this craft on Instagram @thegummymummy
Materials Needed: glass vase, tree branches, wooden leafs, fake pumpkins, Kwik Stix, and string
- Begin by painting each wooden leaf
- Write on each leaf one thing you are thankful for
- Collect branches outside
- Place branches in a glass vase
- Attach string to each wooden leaf and hang from tree
- Surround the vase with decorative pumpkins
- Add to your table as a center piece on Thanksgiving!
Check out this craft on Instagram @playingcreatingeducating
Carton Gingerbread House
Materials Needed: empty milk carton, paper, glue, and Wonder Stix
- Empty out a creamer carton
- Cover all sides with paper
- Draw your festive gingerbread house with Wonder Stix
- Add on any holiday stickers, gems, etc.
- Place on table for the holidays!
Check out this craft on Instagram @messymsjessi
Ripping Paper Christmas Tree
Materials Needed: Kwik Stix, glue, white paper, construction paper, and markers
- Draw a triangle on a white piece of paper
- Rip up a piece of green construction paper into tiny pieces
- Glue each piece inside the triangle
- Add lights on the tree by painting dots with Kwik Stix
- Draw the tree stem and tree topper
- Use as a Christmas decoration for the house!
- Paint your wooden snowmen with Kwik Stix
- Glue on any pom poms or scarfs
- TIP: If you only want to paint part of the snowman, cover in tin foil
- Use as a table center piece for the holidays!
Check out this craft on Instagram @playfulcrafts
Materials Needed: big white paper or white plastic table cloth and Kwik Stix
- Draw Christmas trees with Kwik Stix Paint
- Label each tree with a number
- Decorate each tree with the number of ornaments that the tree is labeled
- Use as the family kids table on Christmas!
Check out this craft on Instagram @frombaby2toddler
Paper Plate Christmas Trees
Materials Needed: paper plates, card board, Kwik Stix, glitter glue, gems, pom poms, wooden dowel, small rubber band, hot glue, and craft present boxes
- Cut your cardboard into a circle
- Paint your cardboard and paper plate with Kwik Stix
- Cut your paper plate into a spiral
- Poke a hole in the top if the spiraled plate and put the wooden dowel through it
- Glue the outside of spiral onto cardboard
- Glue the bottom of the wooden dowel onto cardboard
- Decorate using glitter glue, pom poms, presents, and gems
- Use as a center piece for the table on Christmas!
Check out this craft on Instagram @thechildhoodglen